You will be surprised that so many blog and website owners doesn’t have an idea of what SEO does to their website or blog, so many Nigerian bloggers do hear about SEO but many don’t even have a clue of what it entails and how important it is to their website.
SEO is making your website easy for both users and search engine robots to understand. Although search engines have become increasingly sophisticated, they still can’t see and understand a web page the same way a human can.
SEO helps the engines figure out what each page is about, and how it may be useful for users.
Understanding the basics of SEO
There are, on average, ten positions on the search results page. The pages that fill those positions are ordered by rank. The higher your page is on the search results page, the better your click-through rate and ability to attract searchers. Results in positions 1, 2, and 3 receive much more traffic than results down the page, and considerably more than results on deeper pages. The fact that so much attention goes to so few listings means that there will always be a financial incentive for search engine rankings. No matter how search may change in the future, websites and businesses will compete with one another for this attention, and for the user traffic and brand visibility it provides.
From statistical analysis here are 7 Reasons Your Website Needs SEO
- 80% of your consumer or blog readers find your website by first typing a query into a search box on search engine
- 90% choose a site listed on the first page
- 85% traffic on the internet is referred to by search engines
- The top three organic positions receive 59% of user clicks
- Cost effective advertising
- Clear and measurable ROI
- Operates under this assumption: More relevant traffic + Good Conversion rate = More Sales/Leads
I hope you find this article enlightening, feel free to share and comment.Share This